Aug 27, 2009

Coming Soon..

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why do all the books I want to read not come out for months and months!?!

Anyways I was over at Juju's blog and discovered author Tera Lynn Childs, I of course promptly added Oh My Gods to my amazon wish list, thanks to Juju's rave review but what I'm really excited about is her book Forgive My Fins that is due to come out next summer..*sigh* it's so long away!

Forgive My Fins is a story of a half-mermaid princess attending high school on the mainland.

I've loved mermaids since I laid eyes on The Little Mermaid, so many moons ago. I so wish that their was cover art for this, since I do so enjoy the covers for Oh My Gods, and Goddess Bootcamp, but I haven't been able to find any.
This post brings back memories of the movie Splash, with Tom Hanks..I do so enjoy that movie.

8 comments:

Juju on August 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM said...

1. Thanks for the shot out. :)
2. I LOVE Little Mermaid. It was definitely my favorite newer Disney movie.
3. Mermaids make me think of all the children's books written about mermaids like the Tale of Emily Windsnap(written for ages 9-12) or Aquamarine (written for ages 4-8).
4. Sea Change is on my library wish list and I believe it's got a merman.
5. Forgive My Fins is the cutest name.

rebrebs on August 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM said...

I agree, Forgive My Fins is totally cute

I have read Sea Change, it was cute, but way too much wondering of what the guy actually is, he never really goes out and says it, but I think there is a sequel so hopefully my questions will be answered in that.

PopinFresh on August 27, 2009 at 4:00 PM said...

There needs to be more mermaid books! I'll have to check out Forgive my fins when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up!

~ Popin

rebrebs on August 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

I agree, we need more mermaids, and mermen!

Sarbear on August 29, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

Rebrebs, I love mermaids too! And this one is beautiful -- we need more of them in books! The only ones I can remember recently are the ugly ones in Harry Potter. I liked Aquamarine. It was cute.

rebrebs on August 29, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

Agreed, Aquamarine was a cute movie!

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 2, 2009 at 6:45 AM said...

Ooo I just found a mermaid book (thanks to The Clock Monkey): http://www.amazon.com/Hannah-Daughters-Sea-Kathryn-Lasky/dp/0439783100/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251898985&sr=8-1

rebrebs on September 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM said...

Thanks Juju, it looks goood! I'll have to add it to my list

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei