Aug 5, 2009

Fade By Lisa McMann

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Sequel to Wake
Released Feb 10, 2009
256 Pages

Premise: For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....


She does it again, amaze me that is. It's not often I read an entire book in one sitting but I have with Wake and then again with Fade. I love the writing style in this book, it kind of reminds me of point form, it's very clear, concise and to the point. I had to get used to it at first, being that it was so long since I had read the first one I forgot what it was like, but once I got into it I just ate it up. I like the fact that Janie and Cabel don't have the easiest of relationships, it's more real that way, more like life. They seem to always be battling some inner demons that they need to conquer. There were certain things revealed in this book that I wasn't expecting, especially since most YA books now a days tend to have everything work out in a nice little package. This one had mentions of things that will eventually happen to Janie that isn't going to be all roses and butterflies and she takes it in stride. I can't wait to see how she handles it all in the final book to the series Gone. I say 'way to go Lisa!' for creating a female character that is strong, independent and a little feisty, (I especially enjoyed the part where Janie shows off her weight lifting skills in gym class). The book does deal with some darker subject matter, such as teacher/student relationships, so I would recommend this book 15, 16 plus.

Overall rating 5/5
Categories , , , , ,

2 comments:

J. Kaye on August 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM said...

Loved this one too! Can't wait for book three.

rebrebs on August 12, 2009 at 7:58 AM said...

Me Neither, I am so dying to find out if Janie will have a happy ending

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei