Aug 29, 2009

Julie & Julia Movie Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Saturday, August 29, 2009

Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible

Meryl Streep was amazing, absolutely amazing, in this movie. This movie was way funnier than I thought it would be, and way more entertaining than I thought. I really want to pick up Julia Child's My Life In France now.
Amy Adams was also cute, but Meryl Streep really out shined her so I don't really have much to say about her performance.
I would definitely say to go see this, and even guys probably wouldn't mind this movie either since it really is quite funny.
I give this a 4 out of 5.

4 comments:

Sarbear on August 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM said...

I almost went to see this one the other day but I would have been late -- I think it looks funny and cute : )
I love Amy Adams but Meryl Streep is a whole different class of actress. Amy is really good and up-and-coming but Meryl just has a lot more experience and stage presence, I think.

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on August 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM said...

I loved it too. I saw it on my birthday with my hubbie. We both laughed and laughed. Meryl was outstanding and Stanley Tucci was awesome (as usual).

rebrebs on August 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM said...

I agree juju, Meryl and Stanley were so cute together in the movie

You're right Sarbear, Amy Adams is up-and-coming for sure, I loved her in Enchanted

Sarbear on August 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

Me too! BTW, award for you at my blog.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei