Aug 17, 2009

Post Grad Movie Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Monday, August 17, 2009
Released Aug 21, 2009

Plot: Ryden Malby had a plan. Do well in high school, thereby receiving a great college scholarship. Now that she's finally graduated, it's time for her to find a gorgeous loft apartment and land her dream job at the city's best publishing house. But when Jessica Bard, Ryden's college nemesis steals her perfect job, Ryden is forced to move back to her childhood home. Stuck with her eccentric family - a stubborn do-it-yourself dad, an overly thrifty mom, a politically incorrect grandma, a very odd little brother - and a growing stack of rejected job applications, Ryden starts to feel like she's going nowhere. The only upside is spending time with her best friend, Adam - and running into her hot next-door neighbor, David. But if Ryden's going to survive life as a post grad, it may be time to come up with a new plan...


My wonderful man managed to snag tickets to an early screening that was put out by Fox Searchlight. I have just come back from seeing the movie. I'm a big fan of Fox Searchlight, usually their movies are pretty good and this one is no exception.

This was definitely cute, and super fun. It was actually pretty funny, I was expecting a cute rom com with a few laughs, but it was more than that...lets just say there are at least two coffins in this movie and one of them is a pizza box. Hilarious!

Although I enjoy Alexis Bledel, I am a die hard Gilmore Girls fan, what made this movie great was her family, played by Michael Keaton, Jane Lynch, and Carol Burnett. I do have to say, that if her family had not been so actively involved in the story I don't think I would have liked the movie nearly as much. Zach Gilford, who plays Ryden's best friend Adam, won me over and I was falling for him by the end. Although it was a toss up between him and the sexy neighbor played by Rodrigo Santoro . Overall I'd give this movie 3.75 out of 5, take the girlfriends to go see this one.

Going to see this movie puts me behind in my reading, again, my book and movie addictions are pretty equal so it's hard to decide what to fit into a day..hopefully I'll get through Shiver soon and on to my next book, which I am not sure what will be..maybe I'll just pick one randomly from a hat, or maybe not.

2 comments:

Juju on August 18, 2009 at 6:13 AM said...

Sounds cute. Love the review! :)

strike on November 18, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

I also like the review.I liked this movie very much..This movie is very interesting ..i downloaded this movie from the internet...you can also download Post grad from the internet....

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei