Aug 12, 2009

Prada & Prejudice By Mandy Hubbard

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Stand Alone Debut Book
Released Jun 16 2009
270 Pages

Fifteen-year-old Callie buys a pair of real Prada pumps to impress the cool crowd on a school trip to London. Goodbye, Callie the clumsy geek-girl, hello popularity! But before she knows what’s hit her, Callie wobbles, trips, conks her head… and wakes up in the year 1815!
She stumbles about until she meets the kind-hearted Emily, who takes Callie in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. Sparks soon fly between Callie and Emily’s cousin, Alex, the maddeningly handsome-though totally arrogant-Duke of Harksbury. Too bad he seems to have something sinister up his ruffled sleeve…
From face-planting off velvet piano benches and hiding behind claw-foot couches to streaking through the estate halls wearing nothing but an itchy blanket, Callie’s curiosity about Alex creates all kinds of trouble.
But the grandfather clock is ticking on her 19th Century shenanigans. Can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, win a kiss from Alex, and prove to herself that she’s more than just a loud-mouth klutz before her time there is up?


What can I say about this one..it was super CUTE!!! I loved it, I give this 4 cute buttons out of 5! It combines my two favorite genres, YA and historical romance. I did guess pretty early on what was going to happen in the end, but it didn't bother me that it was a little predicable because it ended exactly how I wanted it to end. It was pretty much like a fairy tale and it had me smiling and sighing in the end. The only problem I had with it, was that the main character Callie seemed a little naive about all things concerning the past. She seemed like such a smart girl at the beginning I figured she would have a little bit more knowledge of history. I know that I knew a bit more about that era when I was 15 just from classes at school and with popular movies like Pride & Prejudice, Ever After, Cinderella etc you'd think she would at least know what a Duke and Duchess are. But once I over looked that I really got into it and I ate it up quick! It's not terribly long and it was just the kind of read I was looking for. I can't wait for more from Mandy Hubbard.

Overall rating 4 out of 5

5 comments:

Juju on August 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM said...

Sounds adorable.

Lana on August 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM said...

I'm excited about reading this one - YA & Historical Romance are my favorite genres, too! Plus, I thought it looked really funny, and I love romantic comedies :). Glad to see you enjoyed it.

Danni on August 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM said...

Great review, this does look read cute! Happy reading. :)

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings on August 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM said...

Hi saw your blog over at J. Kaye's and wanted to drop in and say hi!

Danielle on August 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM said...

I haven't read this yet, but will hopefully have time to soon! Great blog and review :)

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei