Sep 25, 2009

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Friday, September 25, 2009
Ink Exchange (sequel to Wicked Lovely)
Released April 29, 2008
352 pages

Seventeen-year-old Leslie knows nothing of faeries or their intrigues. When she is attracted to an eerily beautiful tattoo of eyes and wings, all she knows is that she has to have it, convinced it is a tangible symbol of changes she desperately craves for her own life.

The tattoo does bring changes—not the kind Leslie has dreamed of, but sinister, compelling changes that are more than symbolic. Those changes will bind Leslie and Irial together, drawing Leslie deeper and deeper into the faery world, unable to resist its allures, and helpless to withstand its perils


Things I liked:
-I loved that this had three pov's, Niall, Leslie, and Irial.
-I was thinking before I read this that I would hate Irial, but he's actually a pretty good guy considering he is the King of the Dark Court, and not to mention really hot.
-Niall, I loved this character, he was so complex. I loved that he got to be a bit more independent from Keenan.
-I missed Seth but the parts he was in I loved, he was so sweet caring for Leslie when he was able.
-The plot always kept me interested, Melissa Marr has a way of showing the world of Faerie that just draws me in completely.
-This was one of my favorite lines from Irial 'Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter'.
-Melissa Marr sure can write, it's descriptive, beautiful, engaging and it just flows nicely.
-You really get to see inside the Dark Court in this one, which I loved the way it was described was beautifully done, especially the way Marr described the way emotions and feelings taste to the Dark Fae.
-I love Niall, he's everything a love interest should be, hot, scarred, knows how to fight, protective, broody etc

Things I disliked:
-Irial's smoking, he is already the ultimate bad boy, being the King of all things Dark, does he really need to smoke too?
-The Fae are bound to so many rules, it seems like faeries are always torturing each other. I think it would have been nice to have some justice within the courts, that fae could be held accountable for their actions.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, I still think I liked the first one, Wicked Lovely, better but this was definitely entertaining and I will be for sure reading the next one in the series. I give this a 4.75 out of 5

4 comments:

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM said...

Great review. I need to read this series.

rebrebs on September 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM said...

Thanks!

Sarbear on September 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM said...

Yeah, I agree -- why does he have to smoke!!!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write on September 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

I just finished Wicked Lovely and enjoyed it. Wasn't sure about picking this one up but think I will now!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei