Sep 23, 2009

Never A Book Like This

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I am always on the look out for the next best thing in YA urban fantasy fiction, one of my favorite books just so happens to be unpublished. One of my really good friends started writing a book not too long ago and I have to say I am in love with it. She has recently posted her book on a site for up and coming authors, authonomy.com. If you have not heard of the site here is the basic rundown. People post their books and then people read them and decide to back them. The more backings you get the higher your rating, the 5 people with the highest ratings are read by the HarperCollins editors and they may end up publishing your book. So my friend, who goes by T L Tyson, is looking for feedback and she asked if I would post a bit from her book here to see what the YA bloggers think. So let me know what you think of the blurb I have posted below and if you want to read more you can go here.

Premise:
If the girl whose soul you're assigned to protect was the love of your immortal life, what would you do to keep her alive?

Tired with the life he's led, Devon Shepherd has decided to walk away from his post of protecting the souls of humans. With one last charge to keep safe, he finds himself face to face with someone who will have him questioning everything he’s held true for the last century.

Eleanor Bores, a quirky, sarcastic bookworm is looking forward to one thing - getting through high school unscathed. She bides her time babying her father, immersing herself in novels and writing in her journal. When a scruffy stranger claims to be her protector, everything changes. Eleanor is thrust into a world she never thought could exist.

Impending danger looms overhead, but there is an even greater danger. Devon and Eleanor have to confront the feelings they hold for one another. How can they be together when immortality tears them apart?


Here's the first few paragraphs:

Danger was coming. Devon could feel it filtering through the streets, hugging the cold wind whipping through the city. His back arched against the temper tantrum Mother Nature was in the midst of throwing. After all the years he had walked the Earth he still possessed idiosyncrasies from when he was mortal, like shielding himself from the elements. The chilliness of the evening didn’t affect him, the weather hadn’t affected him in years, yet still he was aware of how unnaturally nippy October had been.

He surveyed the landscape below, eyes narrowed in annoyance at what he wasn’t seeing. He hated not knowing. His mouth a grim line, his brow a map of agitated creases, his back hunched as he watched the buildings, cars and people below. The humans moved throughout the city, hustling to and fro, eager to get out of cold and into warmth.

If you want to know more about the book you can check out TL's blog here or read more of the book here.

Please comment below as the point of the post is to get as much feedback as possible weather it be good or bad, also if you want me to post more blurbs from Seeking Eleanor let me know.

7 comments:

Tina on September 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

I would love to read this!!!!

selestiele on September 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

Me too! When can I get it in paper form? Reading it online bites.

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 24, 2009 at 5:25 AM said...

Sweet! I'm on my way :)

PS Love your new picture :)

rebrebs on September 24, 2009 at 6:49 AM said...

Thanks Juju

I'm glad everyone is liking it, maybe I'll post another blurb next week.

Kelly Moran on September 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM said...

great blog. love the layout. i'm following you now. you should pop over/follow mine. i have all things books. also have a free book give-a-way and interview going now.
xo

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 25, 2009 at 11:27 AM said...

Oh my goodness.
I loved it.
I want to finish it.
I want to review it.
I'm desperate for more Devon and Eleanor!

rebrebs on September 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM said...

I'm so glad you're into it, now TL and I have one more person to talk to about Devon & Eleanor! I can't wait to see what you think of the rest

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei