Sep 30, 2009

Whip It Movie Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Loved it! Go see it!

My husband managed to get tickets to the early screening for this movie, I believe it officially opens Oct. 2, 2009. Fox Searchlight has done it again, made a really good movie that is. Drew Barrymore directing skills I give two thumbs up. This movie is fun, funny, motivational and gives a whole new light to Roller Derby. Now I will have to read the book, Derby Girl by Shauna Cross, although I believe that they have renamed the book Whip It because of the movie. The best part about going to see this movie yesterday was that our own Roller Derby league was there promoting the movie, I didn't even know my city had a Roller Derby league! They were all dressed up in their costumes/team colours and had their skates on!

9 comments:

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 30, 2009 at 7:44 AM said...

OMG
What fun!
Go husband!
I can't wait to see this.
I love how rocking cool Drew and Juliette still are.


PS
<-
I've watched a few epys of "Castle" and really liked it.

rebrebs on September 30, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

I'm glad you liked Castle, I love Nathan Fillion (Rick) Have you seen the movie Waitress? Or the show Firefly? He's so good in both of those.

the epic rat on September 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM said...

Can't wait for this movie! It sounds like fun - and I'm with you, never realized how popular roller derby is! But I think I would get murdered in the rink :)

Okie on September 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM said...

This does look like a lot of fun. Glad to hear that it's as fun as the trailer made it look. :)

rebrebs on September 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM said...

epic rat, I would for sure get killed too and thanks for following me!

okie, the movie was fun for sure!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write on September 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM said...

I'm glad to hear this is as good as it looked! Yeah, roller derby is one of those sub-cultures that unless you're into it, you have no idea of the power it generates. I'd love to go see it so this movie will be the next best thing!

Sarbear on September 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM said...

This looks awesome -- I LOVE Ellen Page! Be sure to review it on here, k?

andrew on October 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM said...

yeah.....it was funny movie and be your hero.sont forget that moral.
if you want to see funny movie go-whip it
if you want to see sport movie go -whip it
if you want to see action movie go -whip it

source
http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com

psoriasisguru.com on October 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM said...

Under normal circumstances I would have thought that Ellen Page has a really annoying way about her, but she actually did a great job in this movie; all around Whip It rocked.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei