Sep 2, 2009

With Seduction In Mind by Laura Lee Guhrke

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Released Aug 25, 2009
360 pages
Historical Romance

A thoroughly modern woman…

Daisy Merrick has to earn her living, but she keeps getting the sack. When her rash tongue costs her yet another job, the feisty, outspoken girl-bachelor is undaunted, and she comes up with a plan that could give her a future beyond her wildest dreams. There’s only one problem. Her success depends on a man, the most infuriating, impossible, immovable man she’s ever met.

A most notorious man…

Sebastian Grant, Earl of Avermore, is England’s most famous author, but when writer’s block steals his creativity, Sebastian becomes more well-known for his notorious reputation than his work. When Daisy arrives on his doorstep, hired by his publisher to help him write his next book, Sebastian has no intention of cooperating. The provoking, fire-haired beauty stirs his senses beyond belief, and when collaboration forces them together at his country home, Sebastian knows he has only one way out. Seduction


Things I liked:

-I definitely enjoyed Sebastian, despite his many flaws.

-Most of the book takes place in the English country side, which is described beautifully.

-I loved they way it ended. Perfect for romance lovers.

-I like that it takes place around the turn of the century. 1896 I think is when it's set. A lot of historical romances take place during the regency era so I was glad for a little change.

Things I Disliked:

-I have come to expect from this author witty dialog and laugh out loud situations. I didn't laugh once.

-Sebastian spends a lot of time dwelling on his tortured (which isn't really that tortured) past, it got a little repetitive.

-I found Daisy a little boring, the past 4 books of Laura's I have read I absolutely loved both the hero and heroine, not not this time.

- I had a hard time getting into the book, nothing really happens for the first half. It was really slow to start.

Overall only ok, but I should say every other book I have read of Laura's I have loved so I will keep buying her books in the future. I think I was so hard on this book because of that, I had high expectations for this one and they just weren't met this time.

Overall rating 2.5 out of 5

2 comments:

Juju from Tales of Whimsy on September 3, 2009 at 7:29 AM said...

Awesome review :)

rebrebs on September 3, 2009 at 7:29 AM said...

Thanks JuJu!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei