Oct 16, 2009

New Books This Week

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Friday, October 16, 2009
Just picked up one this week..but I don't think I mentioned the new one I got last week so I'll post that as well. Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms -- a struggle that could very well mean her death

After the death of Zara’s father, her mother sends her to live in snowy Maine, where she’s thrown off balance by icy roads and people who aren’t what they appear to be. But even worse than the blustery snow is the mysterious man who shows up. He’s been following her everywhere, he leaves a trail of gold dust behind him, and Zara’s convinced he’s connected to the disappearance of some missing boys in town. When Zara discovers that the mystery man is a pixie, she’s forced to fight her fears and question some of her own ideas about nonviolence.

I am reading Need right now, I'm not very far into it because I've been watching Supernatural which came from my Ziplist (similar to Netflix). Hopefully I'll get back to it soon, although this weekend I probably won't get much reading done. I'm going home for Thanksgiving, which was actually last weekend but we are celebrating it this weekend (Thanksgiving is in October in Canada).

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on October 16, 2009 at 10:30 AM said...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Have fun and eat tons :D

rebrebs on October 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM said...

Thanks, I probably won't be able to walk after! I'm looking forward to pumpkin pie!

brizmus on October 16, 2009 at 2:11 PM said...

Happy late Canadian Thanksgiving!
The lips on the cover of Need are so beautiful. I feel like it would be hard for me to read this book because I would just have to keep looking back at the cover.

rebrebs on October 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM said...

Agreed Brizmus, the cover is beautiful!

Welcome to my blog :)

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write on October 24, 2009 at 6:49 PM said...

I've heard Holly Black's stuff is great. And Need looks wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving...Enjoy!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei