Jan 12, 2010

Avatar Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Avatar
Written and Directed by James Cameron

Ok, so I don't know what you've heard about this movie, but if you've heard anything good about it then it's probably true and then some. I knew I would like the movie before I went and saw it, so my expecatations were high and I have to say that every one of them was met by this amazing movie.

Premise- Jake (played by up & comer hottie Sam Worthington) ends up taking over his brother's contract to work on the planet Pandora. Jake was never meant to go so he really doesn't know what to expect while there.
Humans are on Pandora for one reason, to mine a mineral that sells for millions back on Earth. However, there is a problem, the locals called the Na'vi have there village overtop of a large deposit of the mineral and the humans would like them to move so they can mine there.
Jake is teamed up with Dr. Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver)to try and find a peacefull solution to get the natives to move. They connect to an alien avatar that allows them to get familiar with the Na'vi. I don't want to give too much more away but I will say that the plot is fairly similar to that of Disney's Pocohontas.
So there is romance for the girls and a ton of kick ass cgi and action for the boys.

It's a treat for the eyes that's for sure! This is by far my favorite movie of 2009, and it seems to be that way for many as it is currently the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time only second to James Cameron's other hit Titanic and it may end up passing it yet. I loved every minute of this movie, and even though it's over 2 1/2 hours long it never felt like it. All I can really say is go see this movie and see what you think, it is so worth it. I give this 600 out of 5!
Categories , , ,

3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on January 12, 2010 at 8:37 AM said...

Fantastic review! I love how you mentioned Pocahontas. It says allot with out saying much. Fab review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on January 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM said...

600 out of 5? NICE!

rebrebs on January 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM said...

Thanks Juju, I started posting again just for you :)

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei