Jan 13, 2010

Fame Movie Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Fame (2009 remake)

Premise - The movie follows a group of students making their way through preforming arts school.

My Thoughts - The premise is so short for two reasons. This is a remake of a musical that's been preformed a number of times so chances are you probably get the gist of what this movie is about. The other reason would be because this movie was just so blah I couldn't be bothered to go into further detail.

I have to say I watch a lot of movies, and I like all kinds and I usually try to find the upside in a movie even if it's bad. But this movie was just boring! My high school's performance of Fame was more entertaining.

I will however give honorable mention to Kelsey Grammer and the other actors that played the teachers in the movie, they did a good job. The rest of the cast were pretty average and nothing really jumped out at me. The singing and dancing numbers were excellent but the rest of the movie just fell so flat for me that I pretty much forgot about the good parts of the movie once it was over.

Overall I give this a 2 out of 5, I don't think I will be watching this again.
Categories , ,

3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on January 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM said...

Excellent review. I figured this one would be bad. I do however love KG. He's soooo good. Great review. Thanks for helping me decide to pass on this one.

brizmus on January 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

That's totally how I felt - it was just boring. There was way too much music (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE music, and the music and dancing, like you say, really was the best part) and not nearly enough character and plot development. Suddenly, things were happening, and I was supposed to care, and I just didn't. Because I hadn't gotten to know any of the people to whom the things were happening.
Oops! I just ranted in your comment section - sorry!

rebrebs on January 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

^ no worries, I love to see what people think. I felt the same way as you.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei