Jan 12, 2010

Long Time No Post + Blood Price Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Tuesday, January 12, 2010
It's been awhile, the last few months have been crazy busy at work, also I seem to be going through a dry spell when it comes to reading, I haven't gotten much done at all. On the other hand my movie watching has increased a ton so I might post some more movie reviews instead of books in the next while. That is if I can keep up with posting. Ok on to my most recent book.

Blood Price by Tanya Huff

I posted the UK cover as I like it better than the North American version.

Premise-Vicki Nelson is a Private Detective (Former Police Officer)and the book opens on a murder at the subway station. Vicki is hired by the murdered victim's girlfriend to try and find the killer. It leads her to meet Henry Fitzroy, romance author and vampire. Together along with Vicki's former Police partner Mike Celluci they attempt to catch the killer.

My Thoughts- This is the first in a series of books and it grabs you in. Vicki is a very strong female character and she takes charge from start to finish. One of my favorite things about these novels is that they are set in Canada, in Toronto to be more specific. You don't see that many fantasy novels set in Canada so I really enjoy the Canadian-ness. Although these books are found in the "adult" section I would say they would appeal to older teens as well. Although keep in mind that these books were printed before there were cell phones so some of the fashion mentioned is a little outdated.

Overall I would give this book 4.5 out of 5, I might have given this a 5 but I have already read the second in the series (Blood Trail) which I liked just a little bit better so I had to lower my rating just a touch.

FYI- In case you're interested there is also a TV show based on the books called Blood Ties, really good show if you like The Vampire Diaries, Moonlight, Buffy, Charmed etc. The show is no longer on, but it is available on DVD.

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on January 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM said...

1. YAH! I missed you! *hugs*
2. Great review! I need to check this out.
3. You should do more movie reviews!

rebrebs on January 12, 2010 at 9:45 AM said...

*hugs* back

Thanks Juju, I'll probably be posting more movies reviews since I seem to be watching more movies of late than reading books.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei