Mar 25, 2010

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Thursday, March 25, 2010
Summary: With summer approaching, Aislinn finds herself increasingly attracted to Keenan, the Summer King. Yet Aislinn clings to her love for Seth, refusing to release her connection to the mortal world. A paragon of patience, Seth knows that Aislinn’s immortality will eventually separate them, and he pursues a dangerous remedy as tensions within Faerie increase and allegiances shift

My Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed book 1 and book 2 in the series, and I was quite excited when this came out. For whatever reason I had no desire what so ever to pick this book up. And I didn't, I ended up trying out the audio book instead. I've tried audio books in the past and I don't really enjoy them. I've never found one that was read with a voice I enjoyed. This was no different. But aside from the voice of the guy that read the audio book, I do like Marr's prose.
My interest in Aislinn/Seth/Keenan waned in this book. I thought the plot fairly slim. It seems to happen to me a lot. I think it's because the male and female heroes get together in the first book and then there isn't much in the way of wooing going on in the sequels. There wasn't really anything wrong with the story or the writing, other than it just wasn't for me. I could see this still rating very high with others who enjoyed the first two books, I guess I'm just a little faeried out. Anyways I'll probably keep up on what happens in the next one but I'll probably just hear about it from my co-worker who loves these books rather than read it myself.

1 comments:

cat on April 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM said...

Ohhhhh! Your review has given me the needed push to come out of hiding and say that so far - I can't stand this book! I seem to be the only one in the world who isn't liking it. I rushed out and bought it when it came out last year and then I didn't pick it up until Feb/March of this year and had to put it down. The repetitiveness of the storyline from chapter to chapter as they flip from character to character is driving me bonkers. I just read a couple of reviews that said the book picks up in the second half and that the latest Radiant Shadows is great. So I might pick it up again once I am finished the book I am currently reading.

But thank you for not gushing about it like everyone else. I don't feel so alone now. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei