Mar 22, 2010

Give Up The Ghost by Megan Crewe

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Monday, March 22, 2010
Summary: Ever since Cass' sister died she has been able to see ghosts. Around the same time she was ostracized from her group of friends. It's now four years later and she is still a loner, only now no one picks on her because she has the dirt on everyone. The ghosts that haunt the school hear all and spill all to Cass which she uses to keep everyone in line. One of the most popular boys in school, Tim, figures out that she's got something going on with the other side and after his mother passes he asks Cass to help him find her. Cass realizes along the way that maybe living people aren't so bad.

My Thoughts: I really, really enjoyed this book. I ate it up and read it in one day. I could easily identify with the characters, especially Cass. She reminded me a little of myself. I liked the fact that she didn't just fall all over Tim the moment he talked to her. They're relationship was never easy, and it made it seem real. In real life people mess up and make mistakes and relationships are hard. This book got that. I thought the story moved along well and I was satisfied with the ending. I'm looking forward to more from Megan Crewe. And bonus points go to her since she's Canadian :)
I give this 4.5 out of 5

3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on March 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM said...

Great review. I have been wanting to read this one for ages.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on April 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

I desperately want to read this.

BookRants on April 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM said...

You'll love it!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei