Mar 10, 2010

Randoms

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, March 10, 2010
So my husband, who is not a reader, unless you count comic books, yes my husband still reads comics and collects action figures and watches cartoons...anyways he made a new years resolution to read more novels. Which I thought was great because I love reading as well. He came up with a number, which I can't remember, of how many books he's going to finish before the end of the year. Now my husband likes lists, and schedules, for example every October he makes a chart of all the horror movies he'll watch that month, because of Halloween, and the dates he's going to watch them. Same with the month of December only for Christmas movies. So he's made a list of the books he'll read and how many pages a day he'll do. If you ask me, I kind of think that takes the fun out of fun activities, but to each their own... Now if only he could be so organized about other things around the house, like the dishes or taking out the garbage..
I'm getting a little side tracked...he started off reading the Star Wars novels and then out of blue is like "honey, I'm going to read Twilight" and I respond and say "what?, really? Why?"..he says "I want to know what all the fuss is about this Edward and Jacob."
So he's almost finish the book now and every day I ask him how's he's liking it and what part he's at.
So far he's told me "Edward is a jerk and Bella is pretty whiny and I don't know why she likes him. I think I have a feeling I'm going to be Team Jacob"
I thought this was pretty funny so I'd thought I'd share.
Categories

4 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on March 10, 2010 at 1:50 PM said...

LOL
That's awesome!
What a funny story.
Thank you for sharing.

Okie on March 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

It took me a while to finally break down and read Twilight. My wife really enjoyed it but sort of fell off the fanwagon as the series went on.

I finished the first novel and, while it was alright, didn't see it as anything particularly spectacular. I felt like both Edward and Bella were somewhat superficial and I had a hard time really "liking" either character enough to care what happened next.

Based on the movie previews, I think I might enjoy New Moon more than Twilight, but I still haven't been able to force myself to read beyond the first chapter.

Rebs on March 23, 2010 at 6:40 AM said...

You're not missing too much Okie if you don't read them. Do you still have a blog? I thought I was following it but I can't seem to find it my list..send me the link if you still do :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on March 30, 2010 at 7:14 AM said...

Tooo funny!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei