Mar 15, 2010

Tithe by Holly Black

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Monday, March 15, 2010
Source: Purchased

Summary:

Kaye, a rebel teenager, moves back to her old home town with her mother. Kaye has memories from her childhood of fairies that she is not quite sure are real. It turns out later that Kaye is actually a faerie herself, and was hidden with a glamour so she looked human. It's all part of a plot of the Unseelie Court. It doesn't go as planned and the courts are plagued by political espionage and Kaye tries to save herself and her friends from danger. Meanwhile Kaye meets a knight of the courts, Roiben, and of course they have a bit of a romance.

My thoughts: I enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the story was paced well. However, it's fairly similar to most other books that revolve around the fey. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm kind of a on the look out for a book about the fey that has a unique twist. If anyone knows of any let me know.
This book would be enjoyed by anyone who liked Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr or Need by Carrie Jones.

3.75 out of 5
Categories , , ,

3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on March 16, 2010 at 6:28 AM said...

Hummmm unique twist? I can't say. Did you ever read Lament?

Rebs on March 16, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

I tried to read Lament after I read Shiver, but I'm not a fan of her writing. Thanks though :) If you think of any more let me know

cat on April 17, 2010 at 2:23 PM said...

Just had to pop in and say - I hate the new covers. I was happy without "people" on them. But I think they might have thought they looked too boy-ish with the original covers and they are much more girl-oriented books. ;)

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei