Apr 4, 2010

Gone By Lisa McMann

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Sunday, April 04, 2010
Summary:
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her.
She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves--she has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both.
Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...

My Thoughts: I bought this book pretty much as soon as it came out, but I didn't read it until now. Knowing it was the last in the series I didn't want to read it because I knew it would be the end. But I'm glad I finally got to it. It was excellent, just as good as book 1 & 2.
I don't think I have read any other books that are written in first person present tense. It's different and I don't know if everyone would enjoy this writing style, but I love it.
I really got into this story and I read it all in one sitting, which is rare for me. Where the first books had plots revolving around Janie's work with the cops this one was more about Janie finding about about her ability and the choices she would need to make about her future. Janie has to deal with some tough issues and I found myself crying throughout the last half of the book. As always, I found Janie and Cabel's relationship to be very real, it's not all lovely dovey and roses, it's based on communication and trust. I think their relationship is one of my favorite things in this series. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is looking for something a bit different than the typical YA fantasy novel.

I give this 5 out of 5
Categories , , , , ,

1 comments:

KIKA on April 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM said...

awww Rebs! I L-O-V-E this series! But I haven't had time to get my hands on Gone yet! darn it! haha but I'm so happy you loved it! Yes the writing is different, the first person present tense, but it too sucked me in! Wonderful review! :D

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei