Jul 18, 2010

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking - Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Sunday, July 18, 2010
My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
Genre: YA Fantasy
Released: March 2010 (Kindle), May 2010(Paperback)
Rating: 4 out of 5

My Cover Blurb: "Absolutely Addicting"

Author Summary (Amazon):
Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met.

Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him.

But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...


Pros:
-The characters are really what make you want to read this story. I loved them all.
-The plot centers around the triangle of Peter, Jack & Alice. The emotions where well described and at times heart breaking to read.
-The vampire lore was realistic. I know that sounds silly, but basically I mean if vampires were real I kind of imagine they would be something like they are in this story.
-I love the character of Alice, she was very real and believable.
-Loved this beginning middle and end.
-The author gets props for all of her awesome pop culture references. A lot of books don't have those, keeping things generic. I'm glad specific songs and clothing was described it gave a clear picture in my mind.

Cons:
-It's not the most well written novel I've ever read. But I believe that would improve over time as this is a debut novel.

Overall I give this a 4 out of 5, and I would highly recommend to any Twilight fan.


My Blood Approves Series

Book #1 My Blood Approves

Book #2 Fate

Book #3 Flutter

Book #4 Wisdom (not yet released)

5 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on July 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

Sounds good. Great review :)

mary kate on July 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

I never heard of this series before but it sounds great. Awesome review.

Amanda Hocking on July 19, 2010 at 1:47 AM said...

Thanks for the review :)

Rebs @ Book-Rants on July 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM said...

@ Juju and Mary Kate, I would definitely recommend if you like vampire stories! I've already finished the second in the series, I couldn't stop.

@ Amanda Hocking, You're welcome, and thanks for visiting!

Kristin on May 11, 2012 at 9:04 PM said...

I read Amanda Hocking's trylle series and I really liked it, I have been wanting to check out this one since I liked they other one! I really liked your review!

your newest follower,
Kristin
youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei