Jan 5, 2011

Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding - Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy
Released: (Nov 2009)
Rating: 4 out of 5

My Cover Blurb: "Kick Ass Debut!"

Summary: She’s young, deadly, and hunted—with only three days to solve her own murder…

When Evangeline Stone wakes up naked and bruised on a cold slab at the morgue – in a stranger’s body, with no memory of who she is and how she got there – her troubles are only just beginning. Before that night, she and the other two members of her Triad were star bounty hunters — mercilessly cleansing the city of the murderous creatures living in the shadows, from vampires to shape-shifters to trolls. Then something terrible happened that not only cost all three of them their lives, but also convinced the city’s other Hunters that Evy was a traitor . . . and she can’t even remember what it was.

Now she’s a fugitive, piecing together her memory, trying to deal some serious justice – and discovering that she has only three days to solve her own murder before the reincarnation spell wears off. Because in three days, Evy will die again – but this time, there’s no second chance…

Pros:
-I love strong female characters and Evy is no exception, she has no trouble keeping up, even though she’s not in her own body.
-Props for world building, and new twist on otherworldy creatures
-Action packed, none of the story lagged
-Enough sexual tension without it taking over. I’m not a huge fan of graphic sex scenes and there was none of that in this book.

Cons:
- I don’t have any specific cons for this book, it was good, but wasn’t oh-my-goodness-I-can’t-put-this-down enough for me to rate this a 5

Overall: I really enjoyed this book. It did not disappoint. Action, adventure, and a kick ass female that can never be brought down! I'd recommend for any Urban Fantasy lover, especially for those who love strong female characters. I will definitely be buying the next in this series.

I give this 4 out of 5

Dreg City Series

Book #1 Three Days to Dead

Book #2 As Lie The Dead

Book #3 Another Kind of Dead (July 26 2011)

Book #4 Wrong Side of Dead (2012)

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on January 29, 2011 at 5:48 AM said...

You're back????????
Whoot!
I thought you were gone for like ever! :)
Welcome back.
Great review :)

Rebs @ Book-Rants on January 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM said...

lol, yes I have been trying to get over a rather long reading slump. I'm still having trouble wanting to pick up a book and read for hours, but I'm pushing myself to do it I guess.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei