May 27, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer - Review

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Friday, May 27, 2011
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Released Oct 2010
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Rating: 5 out of 5

My Cover Blurb: "A book that lives up to it's cover"

Summary:
While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all.

My Thoughts:
Lots of hype and web media surrounded this book's original release. Some reviewers even received actually calla lilies as part of the promo. Although I think that's a little much, the book entirely lived up to it.
Well written, well thought out. Characters we're well rounded, and Calla herself went through changes and actually grew throughout the book. I can say that this is one of the best YA werewolf books I have read in a long time. I cannot wait to read the next in the series!


Nightshade Series

Book 1 - Nightshade

Book 2 - Wolfsbane (July 2011)

Book 3 - Bloodrose (Feb 2012)

Also those who are interested Andrea Cremer is working on a steampunk novel! Yea Steampunk is awesome!

4 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on May 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM said...

Great review and probably the coolest Judith ever!

Rebs @ Book-Rants on June 1, 2011 at 8:28 AM said...

Thanks!

Luxembourg on February 6, 2012 at 6:27 PM said...

I loved this book, I truly did but I am only giving it four stars because of some of the parts within the story are a bit confusing and tend to repeat themselves in other ways. I hate Shay with a passion, she's meant to be with Ren and there is no doubt about that but I will definitely be reading the next one.

Rebs @ Book-Rants on February 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM said...

I never thought she should be with Ren, I felt that Ren was pushed on her and it was never her choice to be with him. The only connection they have is teen hormones. Shay is the first chance she'd had at being with someone that was completely Calla's choice

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei