Jun 30, 2011

TBR Thursdays

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Thursday, June 30, 2011
In which I post a book that I currently own and I can't wait to read but just haven't got to yet

This week's pick:

The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen

Why I Really Want To Read This:

I'm telling you Allison van Diepen stole my idea! Ok not really. But I toyed with an idea so very similar to this a long time ago. I write here and there. I've got a few projects on the go but nothing I really stick to. It's not something I'm going to pursue as a career or anything, my writing is strictly for me to enjoy, and I wrote a few thoughts about this idea of characters from a book getting out into our world. So when I saw the summary for this I just had to buy it.



Summary:

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

2 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on July 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM said...

O agreed. This does look good.

Maria on July 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM said...

I second that, I'm also dying to read this and I love the cover!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei