Jul 14, 2011

TBR Thursdays

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Thursday, July 14, 2011
In which I post a book that I currently own and I can't wait to read but just haven't got to yet

This week's pick:

Mermaid In The Basement by Gilbert Morris

Why I Really Want To Read This:

I have had this on my shelf forever. I do really like the premise of the story and it combines a few of my loves. Victorian times and a good mystery. I especially like the strong female heroines in books that take place during at time when women didn't have the freedoms we have today. I'd like to think that I wouldn't conform to society if I lived during that time.





Summary:

A wealthy widow of a nobleman, daughter of a famous scientist, and skeptic who only trusts what can be proven.

Meet Serafina Trent. A woman about to take 19th Century London by storm.

It's London, 1857, and everything is at stake for Serafina Trent. A woman of means...but not the typical Victorian lady who feels her place is to be seen and not heard. When her brother's most recent female dalliance, a beautiful actress, is found murdered, all evidence points to him. Especially since the actress had just rejected him in a most public manner. Now everyone believes Clive is headed for the gallows. Everyone, that is, but Serafina.

Determined to prove her brother's innocence, Serafina finds herself working with unlikely allies--including Dylan Tremayne, a passionate storyteller and actor with a criminal past. This novel will hold fans of mystery and history spellbound until the very last page.

3 comments:

Brenna on July 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM said...

Hi there, I'm a new follower! I saw your comment about favourite YA series and saw you like Song of the Lionness! I love Tamora Pierce :) I actually just pre-ordered a signed copy of Mastiff.

Brenna from http://everafteresther.blogspot.com

Rebs @ Book-Rants on July 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM said...

oOo how'd you order a signed copy?!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on July 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM said...

O how cool. I love the cover. I haven't heard of this one before.

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei