Sep 14, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week's pick:

Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
Release: Dec 06, 2011


Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, outhouses, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring. Until I spotted my hot neighbor with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marked me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and the mark he left on me has me lit up like Las Vegas strip to the bad guys. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.
And then things got really bad…

11 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on September 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM said...

O aliens are fun and rarely touched upon. Great choice.

Petra @ Safari Poet on September 14, 2011 at 9:37 AM said...

I was one of the blogs to reveal the cover and blurb. It's very different from everything else coming out, which is why I want it to.

My WOW

Richard on September 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM said...

Interesting pick!

That cover uses the same people from a book I just reviewed...

My WoW

Jenna (JL @ An Avid Reader's Musings) on September 14, 2011 at 12:09 PM said...

Sounds like an interesting book!
My WoW is SWEAR.

Kayla on September 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM said...

This book looks good. I really like the cover.

Maria on September 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM said...

ooh, this sounds good. Aliens that's definitely a new for YA, can't wait until it's out!

My WOW:

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

GABY on September 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM said...

Sounds good, I like aliens stories ;)

Book Sake on September 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM said...

I like the idea of this story, but hate the spelling of his name - a lot of books spell "demons" as "daemons"...so I keep wanting to call him demon. :)

Rebecca on September 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM said...

This looks so good! It's going on my TBR list.
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Rebs @ Book-Rants on September 15, 2011 at 6:32 AM said...

Thanks all for visiting!

@Book Sake - I agree with you about the spelling I don't like it either

Penelope Lolohea on September 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM said...

Sorry, I put that comment on the wrong post! Here is where it was supposed to be:

Nice choice! I LOVE books that have a lot of tension between characters. I'm adding this to my list!

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei