Sep 21, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating


This weeks pick:

Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
Release: Dec 08, 2011


A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny and danger

Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

14 comments:

Crystal on September 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM said...

Great choice - I read this for the Teen Book Scene tour and really enjoyed it! Hope you do too.

Here's my WoW.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on September 21, 2011 at 8:02 AM said...

Oooo deep. And the last part makes me think of Unearthly. Have you read Unearthly?

Sarah (The Book Life) on September 21, 2011 at 8:04 AM said...

This one definitely looks like a must read, love the description. And the cover is so pretty! Great pick :0)

My WOW

Rebs @ Book-Rants on September 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM said...

@juju - no I haven't read it yet, it's on my wishlist though!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) on September 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM said...

This book has been around a lot and I can see why! The cover is gorgeous and it sounds awesome! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Tribute Books Mama on September 21, 2011 at 10:20 AM said...

Sounds and looks intriguing, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

Book Sake on September 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM said...

I can't wait to read this one as well. Love that cover!

Our WOW pick is at Book Sake.

Rubita on September 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM said...

You're reading North and South! I loved that book, though my favorite Gaskell was Wives and Daughters! Shattered Souls is definitely on my to-read list as well!
Ruby

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write on September 21, 2011 at 7:35 PM said...

Great pick! Love that cover!

The Happy Booker on September 21, 2011 at 8:30 PM said...

This is one of a couple books about reincarnation that I am really looking forward to reading.

Donna @ The Happy Booker

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard on September 21, 2011 at 9:26 PM said...

Ooo, I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out when it's released. Thanks for stopping by!

Tiger Holland on September 23, 2011 at 7:49 AM said...

That sounds terrifying. :-) But what a killer cover, with the petal dress!

Christina (Christinareadsya) on September 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM said...

This one has been on my TBR pile for a while now :). I love the cover, though the love triangle... well, I hope it's not too annoying to read.

KIKA on October 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM said...

holy cover! :)

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei