Dec 29, 2011

2011's Top 5 Reads

Posted by Rebs @ Book-Rants at Thursday, December 29, 2011
I'm making this list out of books that I read this year, so some may not have actually been released in 2011.

5. Dark Descendant by Jenna Black

A fresh take on gods/goddesses in the modern world. Excellent UF.




4. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Another pleasent surprise for me, I was expecting this to fall flat like Fallen and Shiver did for me, but it grabed me and I loved it.



3. Dead Undead Or Somewhere In Between/The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare

I read these back to back, and wow can we talk about how awesome Disco/Paine/Rhinnon are!?!


2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Super surprise for me, I was expecting it to be good, but I was pleasently surprised by how wonderful this story was.

1. Daughter Of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Hands down this was my favorite from this year, absolutely beautiful, I could not get enough of Akiva and Karou!




What were your favs? Agree or Disagree? What are you looking forward to reading next year?









3 comments:

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com on December 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM said...

I haven't tried these so I can't say. But cool list.

the Vintage Bookworm on December 31, 2011 at 9:51 PM said...

The only book I've read from this list is Nightshade. I can't wait for Bloodrose! I love werewolves and I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, but this is definitely my favorite werewolf series! =D

Most of these are on my OMG I NEED ASAP list, but I still haven't gotten to them, =(

Tina~ on January 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM said...

Fun list! I loved Nightshade and Daughter of S and B is on my TBR in 2012, so cant wait to tackle that one...:D

Post a Comment

 

Book Rants Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei